Friday, November 9, 2012

And he prevails

Playing a show a tad bit after 17:00, in a concert hall, to a sober audience while being totally sober myself as well was intriguing, but definitely not as bad as I had thought :)

And no, I do not get hammered before the show, I usually have a drink or two to deal with my performance anxiety. Almost 15 years on the stage and still I get nervous sometimes :) Then again, I remember reading that Eddie Van Halen played drunk for 20+ years and was scared shitless when he had to go on stage sober for the first time, so I guess I'm doing quite well my issues still :)

6 comments:

  1. that is normal you are nervous, a have been read in a lot of interviews with big stars as they are nervous before their shows. I think it is good to be nervous a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people can perform just fine when dead drunk onstage, I saw Trollfest's saxophonist 2 weeks ago drunk before, during and after the show (barely walking) and still he managed to play some amazing saxophone solos.. But I guess norwegians can do stuff like that xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're simply the best Jani! The greatest rockstars get nervous before they go on stage. It's pretty normal. So there's nothing to worry about :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jani, where i find the lyrics of Where My Rainbow Ends? Excellent Song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Sober Jani' - it must be oxymoron or some another figure of speech :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfAjdh1dxqU
    Sober? XD

    ReplyDelete