Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Busy fuckin' beaver

So, I haven't been writing a lot here lately, and for that apologise to you, my dear readers. The thing is, it's been really fucking hectic. I counted and during September I go to be at home a grand total of 5 days. Been running all over Finland, playing shows, studying, writing new material.

This last weekend was a blast. We played two "concert hall" shows with Timo, and although I was kinda iffy about the whole idea at first it actually proved out to be quite fun, not at all as bad and uncomfortable as I thought it would be. Here's a few pics from Tampere-talo. Unfortunately I don't have any from the actual show, but what the hell, you can see the premise from these.






After the show at Tampere it was mostly the usual antics, hanging out with friends, having some drinks etc. Even had quite an insane afterparty at my friends hotel room, including a Borat-swimsuit and 100kg men trying to do pole dancing on a pole that was clearly not meant for guys that size :)  Thanks guys, had a blast and a shitload of laughs!

Now I'm actually having a few days off, yesterday I even went to the movies to see "Sel8nne", a documentary about Teemu Selänne, a Finnish ice hockey player. Too bad it wasn't all that great, but at least I can say I've gone to the movies to see a documentary.

Today I bought a pair of indoor sneakers and tomorrow after my virtual school session I'm planning to hit the gym and go swimming. Sounds frightening, but maybe I can pull it off :)


11 comments:

  1. and where are the pics of the pole dancing ?? hahaha it's good you can rest a little and are ok, I missed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olet ollut kyllä tosi kiireinen.Ymmärettävästi et ole ehtinyt kirjoittamaan.Kiitos espoon ja tampereen keikoista.Oletko sekannut minkälaisia rummali ehdokkaita hakee thunderstoneen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope see you doing a pole dance someday!! we missed you here :c thanks for the pics!.. can you upload some pics of you swimming? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jani, could you post setlists from the gigs, since hardly there's any circling the Internet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell, I would have totally paid to see that pole dancing XD I'm glad you had a nice time. Yes, I want the setlist too please if possible. Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a man very busy, I guess that's part of the show business, no? ... sounds interesting this stuff of the pole dancing, I could pay to see a little of what you had this weekend, possibly I've a laugh attack like you, who knows, right? ... ah, try not to drown tomorrow ... nice night Jani :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jani, if you have the time, it would be awesome if you made another tab like FAQ and exercises for songwriting. I'm writing (more like trying to write) a song and for now I only have a pre chorus, so it occured to me that you might be able to help me out with some tips or some shit like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I can't really say much about songwriting, I don't have any tried-and-true methods or advice. I just wing it :)

      Delete
  8. Jani ^_^

    Glad to hear from You. But I want You to hear somebody else :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1gdqb-hcmQ

    check him out, he writes all his music which is f. awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this duo.. Kotipelto and Liimatainen :D

    ReplyDelete