Sunday, November 18, 2012

This was a good weekend

Two shows, both good. Tonight was Parikkala, which was quite a question mark before the show as it's a small town where we have never been before, but it rocked pretty damn hard. Sometimes this is a nice profession. Sometimes.

Yesterday was Jyväskylä, which has always been good for us, and it was this time as well. Only thing that bugged me and actually pissed me off happened before the show. A friend of mine called me as he was in Jyväskylä as well, singing with one other band. I hadn't seen him in years, I think in five years at least, and Timo, who also knows the guy, hadn't seen him in few years either. This friend, the mighty Taage Laiho who sang the "Divinity" album by Altaria when I was still in the band as well, came then to meet us at the bar adjoined to the hotel. We got to sit down and talk and catch up for the whole of five minutes or so before some drunken guys decided they should join us. They were fans and shit, but really, when we say that we haven't seen in years it should give you a clue to maybe give us some space and just let us sit together for a while and catch up. No such luck... It was still great seeing him, if only for a while before it all went to hell.

I just wish that people had the courtesy to give some space and time when it's clear that the moment is special. I know this sounds like I'm again whining about being recognised and shit, but it's not. I've made my peace with that, it's just that we really would've liked to have some more time without drunken dudes interrupting us every ten seconds.

Anywho, good times. It's good to be me these days. I'll enjoy some chardonnay now and leave you guys to it. Stay sexy :)


9 comments:

  1. well, maybe that is the price to be a good musician, people love meet with you, get a photo... be close to you... and maybe they don't have why to know you didn´t seen your friend for a long time :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. aahh and I would like to be there I would run put my arms around your neck... but you are safe, i live in chile, far away... XDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erhmmm Oh boy!^

    ... No, I wouldn't say you're whining, the thing is that some fans tend to cross the line (especially when being drunk) and forget musicians are still people who just want to have some time for themselves. They need to understand that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading your blog since the beginning and I'm so glad to see (or feel) that you seem so happy now. You seemed to be a bit down early this year, but I'm happy to read lines like "it's good to be me these days". Good for you :) Dunno what has caused this change of heart and mind, but it's wonderful that you are happy :) At least to me it seems like that. By the way, do you still play Skyrim? I remember reading stuff like that on the past posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I still play it every now and then. Actually just finished the main quest, and it sucks that PS3 still hasn't gotten "Dawnguard", and probably won't get "Dragonborn" either before 2040...

      Delete
    2. Yes Jani the xbox gets all the Dlc first because microsoft pay the game companies the most money *i found that out via the net* but atleast the ps3 is a stable console.
      I have had 3x xbox 360s and they fucking sucked and broke down.but the ps3 worked fine.
      If i was to ever get skyrim and masseffect again it would be on the pc.
      And yes you will get dragonborn :P
      I found out kakko played world of warcraft have you ever tried that game? so many finnish players on there all nice etc i have met many.
      From nath.

      Delete
  5. Sucks that you couldn't have that chat you wanted, but that's life huh, something familiar happened to me with this one chick I kinda like but oh well...it's not easy being famous :p

    That divinity album is really cool btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always like that. And it happens most of the time, but there are always second chances in finding great moments with those you have lost contact. This happened to me last week. Now I have back to former bandmates back to the road and we are going to rock out with some Progressive Power Metal this next sunday on a contest made by a music store here in my country. And also, Jani, this is your blog, feel free to express yourself. I really wish some time I have the chance to meet you without bothering. But well, if that happened, I just only wave "hello", maybe, or something the less obsessive possible (even being a great fan of your work and stuff, though). But if someday you came here to Perú (well, almost impossible case) and I met you in some kind of bar and I had some beer and pisco for you to taste (it's pretty good, you should give it a try, unless you have already tried it on a Pisco Sour of some other drink with pisco), would you like to accept both and have a drink? Hahahaha Nevermind, maybe you would be tired and only relaxing in the little leisure time you have between every show. Oh, well, anyways. Please, rock out with Mr. T that next venue you are going to play!!! Hope there's a mosh!!! \m/ Cheers, maestro!!!!! \m/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Now I have back two former bandmates on the road again ready to rock out (...)* (Sorry for that little mistake hehe)

      Delete