Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Guitar stuff

I've noticed that many people expect me to talk about guitars and shit here. Quite frankly, talking about guitars and equipment bores me to tears, but fine, I'll entertain for a while:


This is what I use on the acoustic guitars. Ernie Ball and Elixir I am using for the acoustic album, as they are brighter, more "high-end" sounding sets, whereas the DR is what I use live, as they are very durable and good all-around strings.

Used to play the acoustic with Dunlop Jazz III picks, which I've used for my electric playing for years, but I thought that the attack of the Jazz III was way too hard and harsh sounding, especially for the strumming parts, so I switched to a bit thinner and more flexible picks for the acoustic work.


Just came from jogging, now it's time for sauna. Then back to the world of acoustic rock music.


7 comments:

  1. all guitarists talk about guitars and gear, talking about random stuff is way better and makes you unique in that way ;) enjoy your sauna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually the "famous" guitarists talk about music in contexts of work all the time.
      it is clear that in the long run, explain why you are using those pick-up, which note you did at 4:45 minute song into a particular live, may bore them and prefer to speak of other things when they can. So it seemed to me several times.

      Anyway, this blog is not bad exactly because Jani speaks a little bit of everything, I agree with you.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy Sauna Jani :) btw what u use for your electric if u can answer that since i use for my Ibanez RG370DX with steve's special and air norton Dadario 9s and one more thing nice pic http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/163065_190715087621365_2649876_n.jpg say hi to mr.T :D ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use DR 11s on the electrics if it's Eb tuning, 10s if it's standard concert pitch and 11-60 if it's D tuning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well ty for telling me this :)) nice to hear it from you and sry for bothering i know you don't like to talk about it :((

      Delete
    2. http://www.drstrings.com/catalogdetails/medium-light u use this DR strings ? for Eb tuning and btw did u use that when you were in Sonata on your Ibanez or ?? No more Boring questions :D now just to find what settings u use on your amp to get that cool shred sound :)

      Delete
  4. I totally understand being bored of talking about gear. Besides, if you share all your secrets with everybody, you just get people who try to constantly rip you off. That being said, thank you for taking some time to share a little bit of your gear preferences with us. I'm sure for any acoustic player reading this, it could stand to be fairly valuable information. I don't play much acoustic myself, but I'll keep your gear in mind for future reference.

    ReplyDelete