Friday, June 15, 2012

Holy hand grenade of Antioch Batman!

This has been a long day, spent 8h+ laying down the guitar tracks. We have now the basic guitar tracks for 14 songs and lead vocals for 13 or so. One song yet to sing for Timo, but that can't be done yet as I haven't found the time, the inspiration nor the energy to write the lyrics for it. Poetry eludes me these days...

I finished laying down the guitar parts at 00:30, then we had a sauna and after that I did some translation work for Timo. Now it's 03:04 and I am dead tired. Should try to get some sleep soon, as tomorrow it's again time to hit the road and go do some acoustic super-shows. Have to get up earlier than I have used to here (my sleep cycle at the moment is very nocturnal, to say the least), so I don't know how this is going to work out. Well, one will see.

Oh yeah, we also got the first draft of the recording deal from our label-to-be today. Looks like this fucker is actually coming out :)

23 comments:

  1. What will be the new album's name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, looking forward to this new shit. Guitar&Vocals only or are you gonna record some drums too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's some good news! when do you think it's coming out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment the plan is to get it out by the end of September.

      Delete
    2. September? Nice! For some reason I thought it'd be longer than that.

      Delete
  4. Will it be available on iTunes? Since the last CD store left the area I stick to downloading...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you thought about making some gigs out of Finland?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rodrigo BaƱadosJune 15, 2012 at 3:40 PM

    I hope it's on itunes because it would be impossible to buy the cd in Peru... Just wondering, any guests on this album?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can probably buy it from amazon or ebay and get it delivered to your home...its not too expensive either imo.

      Delete
  7. Very happy to hear (read) you really are doing new stuff, if I got it right...? I thought you were just doing covers. :) Have fun at the gigs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering about that as well, so no covers or a mix of covers and original music?

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you call Timo mr. T, I always get a funny image in my head. Timo with a mohawk-hairstyle yelling 'I pity the fool' :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great! Hope to listen your new album soon (and a little band called Cain's Offering too...).
    I think that will be pretty listen some acoustic stuff from you and Timo. Already, some videos in Youtube talks about what i'm trying to imaginate about how will be some songs here.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. make a contest in which we send the lyrics for the last song!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my first thought...

      It's much easier

      But songwriting can be a very private process

      Don't think, they'll make a contest

      Delete