Friday, June 29, 2012

Train of Anvil

Hi fuckheads!

I'm, surprisingly enough, sitting in a train again. On my way to Lappajärvi to finish the recordings of the most epic acoustic album ever recorded in Lappajärvi (probably the only one as well, so the competition ain't too tough:) ) 4 days of recording and next week we play 4 shows in a row, from wednesday to saturday, ought to be fun, although it also means a shitload of travel ahead.

What I actually wanted to write is that I'm at the moment watching "Anvil - The Story of Anvil", you know, the documentary about the band. I know absolutely NOTHING about the band, only heard the name somewhere before, but goddamnfuck is this documentary not one of the best, funniest things I've seen in ages. Real-life Spinal Tap, and it's so fucking funny since everyone who has ever worked in this business has at one point or the other been there themselves. I'm only half an hour in to the movie, but I am soooo loving it. Check it out if you already haven't, it's most definitely worth your time, even if you don't care for the band at all :)

I have to get back to the movie to see how it turns out for the guys :) Btw, it was really funny to see some familiar faces there as well (Masahiro, Matti-mies, if you read this, you still rule dude :)


EDIT:

Finished the movie, it was really good. Kinda heartwarming and sweet as well, dunno if it was intended to be, but that's how I saw it :)

50min left of this train ride, maybe I'll go and have a beer...

15 comments:

  1. Jani, will you guys release some merchandising? I would like to buy a shirt with your faces :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to see about that. I can tell you right now though that there will NOT be merchandise with my face on it, that would be the dumbest thing ever :)

      Delete
    2. Hmmm... It's the same anyway :)

      Delete
    3. Jani,here are some suggestions for merch designs!
      http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8152/7475728318_233dcc2f21.jpg

      http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8156/7475728394_99bee6b12b.jpg

      Delete
  2. My last trip on the subway: yesterday when I went to the capital (Mexico City) to get some luck ... Nothing ...

    SALUD! From Mexico.

    Greetings Jani :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. its an awesome movie!very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jani, what about including the acoustic version of some songs by Cain's Offering in the album?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jani!! Go and make an album with Syu!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I've always wondered... Can you play guitar hero? I mean, could you easily beat all those asians that play fast songs in youtube? (no offense)

    I always wanted to know if a guitar player could do that or it's a totally different thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally different, I actually think the game is harder if you can actually play guitar, since some of the "moves" there are not "musical" and make very little sense.

      I can play Guitar Hero, but I'm not very good at it.

      Delete
  7. I found the trailer on YouTube, and I am definitely going to see the rest, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What will you do after album release?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, When the albun will be released and where can we get him?

    ReplyDelete