Saturday, January 19, 2013

Not Dead Yet

I had the pleasure of seeing the "Jason Becker: Not Dead Yet" documentary, and holy hell was it good! The best documentary I've ever seen. I wholeheartedly recommend everyone, and I mean EVERYONE to see it, even if you don't have a clue who Jason Becker is. It is at times a really gut-wrenching experience, even more so if you are a musician yourself, but even if you're not it will kick the living fuck out of you. Brought tears into my eyes, but at the same time it's very uplifting and so inspirational I can't even begin to describe it. The man is an absolute hero, and his family is the definition of a Family.

Really, everyone, give this one a chance. You won't regret it.



7 comments:

  1. woow kiitos Jani!! :D you're the best guitar player in the world :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jep he is and thats why I fancy him and every musician who can play that well :)

      Delete
  2. ..and I start to play guitar a few years ago but I'll never can play like you /m/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm just curious :D are you still good friend with tony and sonata? you know.. the fans (I) miss you ^^ why do you hate us? xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh my god :| Jason Becker is my inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw the documentary a few days ago and it's awesome. Jason was a great guitarist and is still a great musician. It's a shame what happened to him but he seems happy nonetheless. I guess he really learned to live with ALS and doesn't care about it anymore! Jason is a great humain being!

    Thanks for this article Jani! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waiting for my DVD to arrive :) Cant wait to watch it.

    ReplyDelete