Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What's been up?

Well, yesterday I spent some time updating the OS X on my mac. Was running Leopard, and as Chrome stopped supporting it, one had to do something. Running Lion now. Today I've installed Parallels, which allows me to run Windows XP alongside the OS X. It felt a bit like heresy to install Windows on a mac, but since most pokersites don't have clients for mac + the Holdem Manager doesn't run either I thought I should give this a try. Seems to be working so far, and it is pretty handy having the Windows platform available as well, even if I really don't like it at all.

This was probably a bunch of info no one gives flying fuck about :)

I should start working on some clips from "Blackoustic" and send them to our label, maybe soon you get to hear a bit more how this puppy sounds like.

Was supposed to have an off-weekend, but somehow I promised to do 2 shows with Antti Railio instead. Ought to be fun though :)

9 comments:

  1. Just a question. Is there any kind of age restriction to enter the places where you play in Finland? I'm planning to go there and I need to know before. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, usually it's 18-20 years, it's different with different venues.

      Delete
  2. About the only thing a Mac is really good at that Windows can't do, in my opinion, is really "arty" things. Music, Editing, Shopping Photos, so on. Depends on who you are, and what you do which really give it "value". I, personally, do more gaming than I do editing, soooo....

    The biggest limiting factor with the Mac, though, is Linux itself. There just isn't enough support for it. It creates a lot of problems, though it could be worse.

    I hate it when people brag about the Macs using a Linux base. "Lol, I use a Linux based operating system, so I reboot my computer as many times as I get laid." Sure, it's stable, but you can't a damn thing on it (besides a small list of things). Until Linux gets more support (which it will), it's not going to go very far outside of specific things.

    /rant

    Might we hear some "My Selene" live? Very excited to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I like the fact that it (mac) IS very reliable, and as you can imagine, I do use it for a lot of music-related stuff :) Sure, if gaming is your thing then mac ain't worth shit to you, but if you want a reliable workhorse then it's a different story all together.

      Delete
  3. It is much show for a MAC, better buy yourself a laptop and go!

    Greetings Jani :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how sounds My Selene in acoustic. I played on my guitar xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which cities are the gigs in? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw you and Antti on utube. Ghastly sight. I'm begging you, don't you dare profane Queen anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete